Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snickerdoodles, Freshly Baked out of the Oven

        Freshly Baked Snickerdoodles
The first cookie to come out of the oven at 6 am this morning are our very popular Snickerdoodle Cookies. The aroma is wonderful with the vanilla and cinnamon sugar. The cookies are soft in the middle but crunchy & light and will melt in your mouth for the perfect accompaniment with your morning coffee. This soft sugar-like cookie is rolled in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar that reminds me of my childhood when we enjoyed cinnamon toast for breakfast each morning. I remember serving cinnamon toast to my daughters also, we kept a lidded jar of the cinnamon sugar mixture in the cupboard ready to sprinkle on the toast each morning. I'm wondering if it is still popular among kids today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails